Honey Whole Wheat Bread
- 3 tablespoons yeast
- 4 cups really warm water
- 1/2-3/4 cup honey
- 10-11 1/2 cups whole grain wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4-1 cup anything else you would like: oats, ground flax seeds, sunflower seeds, etc.
- cooking spray
- Add yeast, water, and honey then gently mix.
- Let rest for 5 minutes until yeast foams.
- Then add flour.
- Then add salt and anything else, if you choose to.
- Then gently mix again just until the salt or other ingredients are mixed in.
- Knead for 4-6 minutes. Add just enough flour that the dough pulls away from the bowl.
- Let dough rise for 15 minutes.
- Spray the back of your hands with cooking spray and punch down the dough really well.
- Form into loafs, this will make 3 smaller sized loafs. Put into greased loaf pans. Two larger loafs for toast and sandwiches and one smaller loaf for snacking.
- Let rise in pans for 30 minutes.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. I like to put a large glass baking dish filled with water on the lower rack.
- Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a cooling rack.
Optional: Jessica mentions putting water in large baking dish and putting it on a lower rack of the oven while baking, assuming this would help the bread bake better. I have never tried it and have always overlooked this suggestion. The bread bakes fine without it and I still LOVE IT! Although, I am curious to try it now!
GO TO HER SITE for a more in depth tutorial and answers to many blogging questions. But, I thought it would be great to have a more simpler to read recipe on my blog so I wouldn't have to scan through her pictures every time.
WARNING: YES! There is a super BIG warning... once you make this a few times. You will hate store bought bread and will never be the same. We tried and it was so flimsy and cheap and unsatisfying and gross!!
Got a SUPER easy bread recipe for bread making dummies like me? Please share! :)